worth noting

When Katherine Montane started complaining more frequently about her migraines,  her sister Jacqueline suggested she try a CBD hemp product. Katherine, pictured here, never looked back and now also uses a water soluble every day to provide relief from a neuropathic itch.

Happy to be managing her pain without taking prescription drugs and dealing with their accompanying side effects, Katherine was motivated to open Your CBD Store to help others lead more comfortable lives as well.

She found emotional support in her new venture right at home—from her teenage children. One is a fan of the beauty line: specifically, a collagen serum that helps with acne. Another used a topical CBD cream on a sprained ankle and became, according to Katherine, “a true believer.”
Her Your CBD Store in Rye has been open since November of last year. There are several best-selling products: topical cream with arnica flower, peppermint and hemp to naturally cool and soothe target areas; their proprietary CBG daytime formula promotes focus and calm; and the CBN gummies are good for rest, relaxation and sound sleep.

Meet and talk to Katherine about her full line of CBD products at the October 1 Booming Better Expo at Manhattanville College, from 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM.

Your CBD Store is the largest hemp retailer in the U.S. and home to hemp-derived SunMed products. The line includes oil tinctures, water solubles, beverage enhancers, skincare, gummies and pet products. The Rye store is located at 131 Purchase Street (914-921-1073).



If your doctor says you need surgery for a health problem that isn’t an emergency, you can decide to get a second opinion. If it’s an emergency situation—acute appendicitis, blood clots or aneurysms, accidental injuries—then don’t wait.

For a second opinion, first make sure the doctor accepts Medicare. Ask your initial doctor to send your medical records to the second doctor so you won’t have to repeat any tests you’ve already had. Take a list of questions with you to the appointment. And ask a family member or friend to accompany you.

If the first and second opinions are different, Medicare will help pay for a third opinion and related tests, exactly as it does for other services that are medically necessary. If you have Part B and Original Medicare, Medicare pays 80 percent of the Medicare-approved amount. You (or your supplemental plan) will pay the remaining 20 percent, after your annual Part B deductible is fulfilled.

If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan, you have the right to get a second opinion but your plan may have different rules than described above. Some plans will only help pay if you use a doctor in your plan’s provider network so check with them first.



If you’ve been hearing about ChatGPT but not quite sure what it’s all about, here are the basics.

ChatGPT is a tool driven by AI (artificial intelligence) technology that can write code, answer questions, compose essays and even legal briefs, among other things.

You can access it by going to chat.openai.com on your computer or you can download the app (see the app image at left) onto your smartphone. Either way, you’ll need to create an account. Once you’ve logged in, you can initiate a “new chat” to start a conversation, ask a question, or have something written for you.

We tested the system by asking it, “Write a poem for someone who loves to cook.” Below are a few lines of the response that was delivered back to us in less than a few seconds:

In a world where flavors intertwine, Where spices dance and ingredients align, There’s a soul whose passion sets them aglow, A culinary artist, ready to bestow. With a chef’s hat donned and apron tied, They enter the kitchen, filled with pride.

But here’s the question many are now asking: Are the responses we receive to our requests, like the poem above, infringing on someone else’s copyrighted material? And, so, the wrangling and litigation begins, with much at stake as copyright law and other legal issues bump up against this new technology.


Latest posts by Westchester Senior Voice (see all)