9 Nov 20211 Comment
From Cippi (Patricia Cipora) Harte, Director at DOROT Westchester
– about 3 large broccoli crowns or a similar amount
– 1 to 2 yellow onions, coarsely cut
– 1 to 2 potatoes, peeled and cut up
– 1 to 2 tspn sea salt (optional)
– 1/2 tspn ground pepper (optional)
Wash and cut the broccoli into medium sized pieces and place in soup pot.
Add the onions, potatoes, salt and pepper.
Add water to the pot to about 1” below the vegetables (For a thinner soup, add more water.)
Once it comes to a boil, turn down the heat and continue to cook over a low-medium heat for about 30 to 45 minutes until tender.
Use a hand blender or a regular blender to puree half or all of the soup (for more or less veggie chunks).
This soup keeps well in the refrigerator or can be put in smaller containers and frozen.